|Premiere date||September 11, 1999|
|# of episodes||13|
|Studio||Warner Bros. Animation|
|Seasons on Kids' WB!||1999-2000|
Detention is a TV series created by Bob Doucette. The series is about eight troubled students at Benedict Arnold Middle School, who continually find themselves in detention. The kids are constantly trying to stay out of detention and out of trouble.
Episode list Edit
|No. in Series||Title||Original Air Date||Network|
|1||Shareena Takes the Cake||September 11, 1999||Kids' WB!|
|Shareena misses her chance to get tickets to a rock concert because Miss Kisskillya gives her detention. So she decides to team up with Shelley in the Home Economics Bake-Off to get even with her by creating a volcano cake. Meanwhile, Emmitt, Gug, Jim, and Duncan try to get Duncan's yo-yo back from Miss Kisskillya.|
|2||The Man With the Golden Brain||September 18, 1999||Kids' WB!|
|The gang represents the school in a spelling bee. But when Lemonjella and Orangejella start to get competitive with each other, the gang has to intervene.|
|3||What Did You Séance?||September 25, 1999||Kids' WB!|
|The gang holds meetings to receive spiritualistic messages.|
|4||The Contest||October 9, 1999||Kids' WB!|
|The gang has a contest to see who can stay out of detention, except for Shelley, who tries to get in detention instead.|
|5||Too Good to Be Truant||October 23, 1999||Kids' WB!|
|Shareena and Shelley decide to skip school and Miss Kisskillya tries to find them. Meanwhile, Emmitt and Gug try to compete for class president, throwing Jim in between.|
|6||Breaking Out||November 6, 1999||Kids' WB!|
|Shareena hears that the star of the hit WT show "Lawson's Lake" is going to be at the library, so they break out of school to see him, even going far enough to use a bulldozer.|
|7||Comedy of Terrors||November 13, 1999||Kids' WB!|
|Shareena auditions for a part in a school play, but it is Gug who lands the role, sparking jealousy in Shareena.|
- Shareena Wickett (voiced by Tara Strong) - A 12-year old goth girl who prefers to be a free spirit and finds pleasure in the sublime. Shareena's beliefs aren't taken seriously by her parents. Her hobbies include reading horror stories and performing séances. She is the singer during dance class.
- Emmitt Roswell (voiced by Billy West) - A conspiracy theorist who believes that intelligent life exists in outer space and is determined to make contact with aliens. It is revealed in Boyz 'n the Parenthood that he has an estranged father.
- Jim Kim (voiced by Roger Eschbacher) - A shy kid who loves comic book superheroes. He takes on the characters' attributes at inopportune times.
- Lemonjella and Orangejella LaBelle (voiced by Tia Mowry and Tamera Mowry) - A pair of identical twins. They have been known for getting in trouble by hacking into the school computers and deleting library fines. Their scientific descriptions sometimes confuse Miss Kisskillya. They're shown to be competitive with each other.
- Duncan Bubble - A silent boy who never talks and always plays with a yo-yo. He uses his yo-yo to spell out messages to his friends (for example: "Thanks, you guys", "Boring", and "Yeah"), accompanied by an electronic voice reading the message. He is based on a deaf friend Bob Doucette had during production.
- Shelley Kelly (voiced by Pamelyn Ferdin) - An optimistic and peppy girl who wears a Ladybug Scout uniform every day. She constantly kisses up to Miss Kisskillya and has a crush on Emmitt. As a result, she is often detested by the other kids, whom she wishes to make friends with. However, on some occasions, she is often an ally to the kids.
- Ramone "Gug" Gugleamo (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui) - A short kid with a short temper. Constantly left out of competitive sports, Gug constantly picks fights with kids twice his own size and has even wanted to take down Miss Kisskillya. He and Emmitt have their occasional rivalries, however, they both agree on their lack of patience with Jim.
- Eugenia P. Kisskillya (voiced by Kathleen Freeman) - The physical education teacher and the detention monitor of Benedict Arnold Middle School. Having been a military sergeant in the Marine Corps, she bosses the children around like such and usually pronounces "detention" as "dee-tennnn-shun!!". The only student she likes is Shelley Kelly, who serves her as her "Teacher's Pet" and whom she refers to as "Private Kelly". Despite usually being oftentimes tyrannical to the children, she has been shown to be a nice person. She is based on creator Bob Doucette's grade school teacher who was a nun, as well as Freeman's character of the strict Sister Mary Stigmata from The Blues Brothers and Blues Brothers 2000.